Does K9 Web Protection still work?
K9 Web Protection is discontinued content-control software developed by Blue Coat Systems. In April 2019, Symantec announced that K9 Web Protection would be discontinued and would no longer be made available for download or purchase. … Technical support for the software ended on June 30, 2019.
How do I set up K9 Web Protection?
Setup K9 Web Protection on a computer at home.
- Setup K9 Web Protection on a computer at home.
- Open your internet browser and visit http://www.k9webprotection.com. …
- Click Next. …
- Remember your password you will need it to block or allow websites in future.
How do I get rid of BCKD?
How to Remove bckd. sys^
- Right-click in the Windows taskbar (a bar that appears along the bottom of the Windows screen) and select Task Manager on the menu.
- In the Tasks Manager window, click the Processes tab.
- On the Processes tab, select bckd. sys and click End Process.
What can I use instead of K9 Web Protection?
The best alternative to K9 Web Protection is CurrentWare’s BrowseControl Web Filter. CurrentWare BrowseControl is an easy to use Internet control software that restricts Internet access and enforces web usage policies on your network.
Does K9 Web Protection work on Windows 10?
If you are using the K9 Web Protection application, then you might of tried running it in Safe Mode on your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 computer. This application worked fine in Safe mode in the previous versions of Windows. However, it seems that it often causes some issues in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
What is K9 Web Protection Administration?
K9 Web Protection is a content-control desktop application, developed by Blue Coat Systems, that empowered parents, schools and other organizations to protect children from spyware, malware, adult content and other risky interactions.