How do I export my Symantec Endpoint Protection client list?
Just exporting the Client Status log will do the trick. So, via the SEPM console go to MONITORS -> Logs -> Client Status Log Type, and select whatever filters you want. Click to “View Logs” and export.
How do I export Symantec Endpoint Protection Sep client install packages?
Export the new package
- In SEPM, click the Admin tab on the left.
- Under Client Install Package right click the package of your choice.
- Click Export.
- Click Browse and choose the folder where the EXE file should be placed.
- Click OK. …
- Click OK.
How do I move Symantec Endpoint Protection client to another server?
For Microsoft SQL server databases
- Gather the recovery file from the existing SEPM. …
- Decommission the existing SEPM. …
- Ensure that the new SEPM has the same host name as the existing SEPM. …
- Install SEPM to the new server, making sure to match the version of SEPM to the existing server.
How do I unload Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- Use the Windows key or icon to open the Start Menu.
- Go to Settings (icon looks like a gear). …
- Select Apps. …
- Locate and select Symantec Endpoint Protection in the list of apps. …
- Select Uninstall. …
- Continue to follow prompts to allow the application to uninstall.
How do I install Symantec Endpoint Protection client from manager?
To install clients using the “Client Deployment Wizard” tool in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, follow the below steps:
- Click the Home page.
- In the right-hand side you see a selection box for Common tasks: Select a Task.
- Select Install protection client to computers.
- Select New/Existing Package Deployment.
How do I update Symantec Endpoint Protection client install package?
, do one of the following tasks:
- Click. New Package Deployment. , and then click. Next. . …
- Click. Communication Update Package Deployment. if you want to update Windows or Mac client communication settings on the computers that already have the. Symantec Endpoint Protection. client installed.
How do you create a managed .msi package in Symantec Endpoint Protection 14?
To create a new custom install package
- In SEPM, click Admin > Install Packages > Client Install Package.
- Under Tasks, click Export Client Install Package.
- Specify the following: A folder in which to save the exported package. You can browse to an existing folder, or create a new folder, and select it. …
- Click OK.
How do I move the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager SQL database to a new SQL Server?
Back up and restore the database:
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio for the current server.
- Right-click the sem5 database and choose Tasks > Back Up. …
- Copy the backup file to the new SQL server.
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio for the new server.
- Right-click Databases in the server tree and click Restore Database.
To use the SylinkDrop tool to apply the Sylink. xml file
- Copy the SylinkDrop.exe file to the desktop of the client you want to be managed. …
- Double-click SylinkDrop.exe.
- When prompted to select a Sylink.
How do I activate Symantec Endpoint Protection?
You need the serial number to activate the installation.
- You must log on to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with a System Administrator account, such as the default account admin.
- Go to the. Admin. > Licenses. page to import and activate your SEP product license.
Is Symantec Endpoint Protection good?
Symantec Endpoint Protection serves as an excellent front-line antivirus solution for larger organizations who need to manage numerous computer systems, servers, and users. … SEP is particularly effective when paired with a second anti-malware solution, such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
How do I permanently disable Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Disabling Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Navigate to the Start menu.
- In the search box type in Run or Win R.
- In the Run menu, type in “Smc -stop” and click Ok.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection should now be disabled.