It’s a message from your browser that informs you that the connection is not secure. This means that if you aren’t using an antivirus or encryption, your device will be a gold mine for hackers. … When your connection is not secure, this is usually because there is an error in the SSL certificate.
How do I fix the connection is not secure on my phone?
Here’s how to fix “Your Connection is Not Private” error
- Invalid Date & Time: …
- Try to open the site in incognito/private mode: …
- Clear Browser History & Cache: …
- Disable Antivirus/Security App. …
- Swap Networks: …
- Update your browser. …
- Factory Reset.
Why does my phone keep saying connection not secure?
There are a few possible reasons. Antivirus software: If you’re using an Android device, you might get an error message because you have antivirus software such as Android AVG or parental control app Qustodio installed on the device which is preventing a secure connection within the Smart-ID app.
How do I make my connection secure?
How Can I Secure My Internet Connection?
- Rename routers and networks.
- Use strong passwords.
- Keep everything updated.
- Turn on encryption.
- Use multiple firewalls.
- Turn off the WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup) setting.
- Use a VPN (virtual private network).
How do I fix network not secure?
How to Fix “Your Connection Is Not Private” Error
- Reload the Page.
- Don’t Use Public WiFi.
- Clear Your Browsing Data.
- Use Incognito Mode.
- Check Your Computer’s Date and Time.
- Check Your Antivirus or Internet Security Suite.
- Temporarily Disable Your VPN.
- Try Accessing the Website via Proxy.
Why is my connection not secure?
An SSL error connection occurs when there is no secure way for your browser to open what you have requested. When the browser sees that the connection is not secure, it will try to stop you from accessing the website. … Your browser is not updated. Your antivirus settings or date and time settings are off.
How do I fix a connection error?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. …
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
How do you reset your network settings?
How to reset network settings on an Android device
- Open the Settings app on your Android.
- Scroll to and tap either “General management” or “System,” depending on what device you have.
- Tap either “Reset” or “Reset options.”
- Tap the words “Reset network settings.”
How do I connect to EKU secure?
How to connect to EKU Secure Wireless on an Android Phone.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Select Add Wi-FI Network.
- Choose eku_secure.
- Press Connect.
- Enter EKU credentials: …
- Select Save and proceed to a browser to confirm wi-fi is working.
What is a secure connection to the server?
SSL allows web browsers and web servers to communicate over a secure connection. In this secure connection, the data is encrypted before being sent and then is decrypted upon receipt and before processing. Both the browser and the server encrypt all traffic before sending any data.
Can someone hack your WIFI?
Can a Wi‑Fi router be hacked? It’s entirely possible that your router might have been hacked and you don’t even know it. By using a technique called DNS (Domain Name Server) hijacking, hackers can breach the security of your home Wi‑Fi and potentially cause you a great deal of harm.