Send Secure will allow you to send encrypted mail with the touch of a button whether you subscribe to Mimecast, Proofpoint, or have E3 licenses. **Please be sure to work with Bi101 prior to using this add-in to ensure you are properly configured.
What is send secure?
Send Secure is an email service designed to protect Mass General Brigham Confidential Data contained in messages sent from a Mass General Brigham email address to a non‐Mass General Brigham email address.
How does send secure work?
Enter the Recipient (To, BCC, CC), Subject, Message and attach documents as you would with any ordinary email. When you are ready to send the email, click on the “Send Securely” button as shown below. By clicking the “Send Securely” button, the system will automatically encrypt the email sent to external recipients.
What does send secure mean in Outlook?
Encrypting an email message in Outlook means it’s converted from readable plain text into scrambled cipher text. Only the recipient who has the private key that matches the public key used to encrypt the message can decipher the message for reading.
The Send Secure button is on the “Message” tab of the Outlook ribbon when composing a message in a new window. In case you switched to the “Insert” tab, switch back to the “Message” tab to find the Secure Send button.
How do I send securely information?
5 Ways to Securely Send Sensitive Information over the Internet
- Using a VPN. …
- Using Secure File-Sharing Services. …
- Using Email Encryption. …
- Using Password Managers to Share Passwords. …
- Using Encrypted Messengers.
Does secure make an email secure?
“Secure” is Sometimes Used as a Trigger
Transport Layer Security (TLS) is the standard, yet it only secures the message, not any additional data that’s included or attached in an email.
What is the safest email provider?
6 Most Secure Email Providers
- ProtonMail. ProtonMail was founded in 2014 at the CERN research facility by Andy Yen, Jason Stockman, and Wei Sun. …
- Hushmail. …
- Tutanota. …
- CounterMail. …
- Mailfence. …
- Librem Mail.
Is Outlook safer than Gmail?
Which is safer, Outlook or Gmail? Both providers offer password protection and two factor authentication. Gmail currently has more robust anti-spam technology. Outlook has more options to encrypt messages with sensitive information.
How do you password protect an attachment in Outlook?
Use a password to protect attachments
- Click Protect Attachments on the Outlook ribbon or right-click the files you want to send in Windows Explorer and select Create password protected file. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions and create a password.
How do I send a secure file via Gmail?
Send attachments with confidential mode
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- Click Compose.
- Click Attach .
- Choose the files you want to upload.
- In the bottom right of the window, click Turn on confidential mode . …
- Set an expiration date and passcode. …
- Click Save.