SOLUTION 1 – Unlock the memory card. There is a Lock switch on the left side of the SD card. Make sure the Lock switch is slid up (unlock position). You will not be able to modify or delete the contents on the memory card if it is locked.
Why does SD card say write protected?
Write-protection is a feature on SD cards and other forms of flash memory that prevents data stored on the card from being deleted and new data from being added. It exists to ensure that you cannot inadvertently write over critical data on your SD card or delete data to make space to write new files.
How can I remove write protection from micro SD card online?
Check the SD Card/USB Drive’s Properties. Go to My Computer, click Devices with Removable Storage > right-click SD card or USB drive and choose Properties > choose to Remove write-protection.
How do you remove write protection on a SD card?
Quick Fix for Write Protection Removal on SD Card:
- Unplug and replug the SD card.
- Switch the USB port, and change an SD card adapter.
- Reconnect the SD Card to a new computer.
- Check if the SD card is accessible.
How do I remove write protection?
To remove the write protection, simply open your Start menu, and click on Run. Type in regedit and press Enter. This will open the registry editor. Double-click the WriteProtect key located in the right side pane and set the value to 0.
How do I fix a write-protected SanDisk?
Type Regedit in Windows search box to go Registry Editor. 3. Double click the WriteProtect, Change the value from 1 to 0 and click OK to save this change. Then exit the Registry Editor and restart your PC, insert your SanDisk USB/SD card/SSD again, you’ll find the SanDisk device is not write-protected anymore.
How do I remove write protection from online?
To remove write-protection in USB, pen drive or SD card, right-click the file you want to copy and select Properties. Then you can view three options on the bottom, among them, please ensure that the Read-only option is unchecked. Finally, click Apply to let this change effective.
How do I turn off write protection on my SD card android?
Method 2. Remove Read Only from SD Card Using CMD
- Step 1: Plug the read only micro SD card into Windows.
- Step 2: Click “Start” > “Run” and enter cmd.
- Step 3:Enter diskpart.
- Step 4: Type list volume. …
- Step 5: Type select volume #. …
- Step 6: Type attributes disk clear readonly > removing the write protection.
How do I unlock my micro SD card Android?
Steps to unlock SD card on Android (Steps may vary with Android model)
- Insert the memory card in your Android.
- Open Settings.
- Click to navigate to Lock screen and security > Decrypt SD card.
- Enter the password/ PIN/ pattern and wait till the process finishes. You can now access the photos in your Android SD card.
How do I remove write protection from my phone storage?
Disable Write Protection Using Diskpart
- list disk.
- select disk x (where x is the number of your non-working drive – use the capacity to work out which one it is) …
- create partition primary.
- format fs=fat32 (you can swap fat32 for ntfs if you only need to use the drive with Windows computers)