How do I get my 2002 Chevy Silverado out of security mode?
To reset Your 2002 Chevy Silverado security system put the key in the ignition, turn the key to the on position, and leave it on until the security light goes out. Usually 15min. Once this happens crank the truck without turning the key backward, just turn to start.
How do I get my Chevy out of security mode?
To reset the anti-theft system on the Chevy Silverado You will need to get into the car and lock the doors. Now with the doors locked put the key into the ignition and turn it to the on position. Let it sit there for 5 minutes until the anti-theft light blinks.
What would cause the security light to come on?
Hello. On your particular vehicle the security light staying on as the vehicle is running is an indication that the security system has failed and is disabled. It is common for a security light to come on after battery dies because the computer may lose its programming to the key.
How do I reset my GM security light?
How to Reset the Passlock System on GM Cars
- Insert your key in the starter, start you car as you usually would and let it stall. Keep the key in the “On” position. …
- Wait until the “Theft Sys” light on your dashboard stays on without blinking. This will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
How do I get my car out of anti-theft mode?
How To Shut Off Your Car’s Anti-Theft Device
- Method 1: Check the cylinder and key. Step 1: Check the key fob battery. …
- Method 2: Turn on the ignition. If your engine has been locked up by the anti-theft system, you will be unable to start it. …
- Method 3: Insert the key into your car’s door.
How do I disable GM Anti-theft system?
How to Disable a GM PassLock System
- Leave the ignition key turned to the “On” position after the vehicle has stalled and will not start.
- Look at the dashboard and locate the theft system light. …
- Turn the ignition to the “Off” position to disable the PassLock system, and wait for 20 seconds for the system to reset.
Will disconnecting battery reset anti-theft?
One last thing you can try if your car alarm is going off and you can’t get it to stop, but you can get under the hood is to disconnect the battery. By unplugging the battery for a few minutes, it will also reset the computer. All you have to do is disconnect the positive or negative terminal and wait.
How do you reset the security on a 2000 Chevy Silverado?
Leave the ignition switch in the “Run” position as the “Security” light blinks on and off for approximately 10 minutes. Turn the ignition switch clockwise to start the engine immediately after the “Security” light stops flashing. The Passlock system resets and the engine will start.
What does the security light on my dashboard mean?
When the security Warning Light is illuminated, that means that the theft-deterrent system may not be working properly. Tip Like all warning lights, the security Warning Light will briefly illuminate when your vehicle is turned on. The light is only a problem if it stays lit when the engine is running.
What is the security indicator light?
The Security Indicator Light illuminates to indicate that the security system is either working properly or to let you know that there is a fault in the system. … If the Security Indicator Light is on steady with the key in the “run” position, and the vehicle won’t start, there could be a fault with the system.