Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions. Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process.
How do I tell Windows Defender to ignore a program?
Windows 10: How to Exclude a File From Windows Defender
- Click “Manage settings”, under “Virus & threat protection settings”, on the “Virus and threat protection” tab. …
- Click “Add or remove exclusions” under the “Exclusions” header. …
- Select which type of exclusion you want to apply.
How do I tell Norton to ignore a file?
How to Exclude Files and Folders From Norton Antivirus Software Scans
- Open the Norton antivirus software and select Settings.
- Select Antivirus.
- Select the Scans and Risks tab.
- Scroll down to the Exclusions/Low Risks section and select Configure [+] next to Items to Exclude From Scans.
How do I exclude a folder from Mcafee Antivirus?
You can exclude a folder from your custom or scheduled scan so McAfee doesn’t check it for threats.
Exclude a folder.
|1||On the HomePage, open the Virus and Spyware Protection drawer.|
|3||Open the Excluded Files and Folders drawer.|
|4||Click Add Folder.|
|5||Choose the file you want to exclude from your scan, then click Open.|
How do I get Windows Defender to allow a program?
- Select the “Start” button, then type “firewall“.
- Select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Choose the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option in the left pane.
Where does Windows Defender quarantine files?
By default, the Windows Defender virus storage is located under the following path: C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindows DefenderQuarantine.
How do I stop Norton from blocking files?
If you see the My Norton window, next to Device Security, click Open. Click Settings. In the Settings window, click Firewall. On the Intrusion and Browser Protection tab, next to Download Intelligence, move the slider to the right to turn Off the feature.
How do I stop Norton Antivirus from blocking a program?
In the Norton product main window, click Settings. In the Settings window, click Firewall. In the Firewall settings window, click Advanced Program Control. In the Automatic Program Control row, move the On/Off switch to Off.
How do I override Norton?
Temporarily turn off Norton protection
- In the notification area on the taskbar, right-click the Norton product icon, and then click the following: …
- In the Security Request window, in the Select the duration drop-down list, select the duration for which you want to turn off Norton protection.
- Click OK.
How do I give exceptions to McAfee?
To add an exception to the McAfee Firewall, follow these steps:
- Open the main McAfee window and then click on settings gear icon from the upper right-hand corner.
- Now, select Firewall from the displayed context menu.
- Select Internet Connections for Programs drop-down menu.
- Click on [Add] button to add an exception.
How do I get McAfee to allow a program?
Allow Program Access Through McAfee Personal Firewall
- Right-click the McAfee logo in the Windows Taskbar down the the time, then select “Change Settings” > “Firewall“.
- Select the “Internet Connections for Programs” option.
- Choose the program you wish to allow access, then select “Edit“.
How do I exclude a program from McAfee?
- Go to Start > All Programs > McAfee > Virus Scan Console.
- Select On-Access Scanner.
- Go to Task > Properties > All Processes > Detection.
- Click Exclusions.
- Click Add.
- Click Browse, and navigate to the directory you want to exclude. …
- Click OK.
- Click on the red X box to close the Set Exclusions window.