Configure the policy value for Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> “User Account Control: Switch to the secure desktop when prompting for elevation” to “Enabled”.
What is secure desktop in UAC?
Countermeasure. Enable the User Account Control: Switch to the secure desktop when prompting for elevation setting. The secure desktop helps protect against input and output spoofing by presenting the credentials dialog box in a protected section of memory that is accessible only by trusted system processes.
How do I disable secure desktop in Windows 10?
How to disable secure desktop for UAC using Control Panel
- Open Start.
- Click on System and Security.
- Click the Change User Account Control settings option.
- Adjust the slider to the third position: Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop).
- Click OK.
How do I turn off secure desktop?
Method 1: Turn off the secure desktop by using Group Policy
- Type secpol. msc in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- In the console tree, expand Local Policies, and then click Security Options. …
- Select Disabled, and then click OK.
What is Prompt for credentials on the secure desktop?
Prompt for credentials on the secure desktop
When an operation requires elevation of privilege, the user is prompted on the secure desktop to enter a privileged user name and password. If the user enters valid credentials, the operation continues with the user’s highest available privilege.
How can you tell if Secure Desktop is activated?
Check the System Information Tool
Launch the System Information shortcut. Select “System Summary” in the left pane and look for the “Secure Boot State” item in the right pane. You’ll see the value “On” if Secure Boot is enabled, “Off” if it’s disabled, and “Unsupported” if it isn’t supported on your hardware.
How do I change user account control settings?
Change User Account Control (UAC) in Windows
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Type Control Panel. Then select OK.
- Select User Accounts. Then select User Accounts (Classic View).
- Select Change user account control settings. …
- Move the slider. …
- Restart the computer.
What is dimmed desktop?
“Dim your desktop”- UAC dialog box isn’t on the secure desktop with this setting, other programs might be able to interfere with the visual appearance of the dialog box. This is a small security risk if you already have a malicious program running on your computer. What are User Account Control settings? Cheers!
How do I disable administrator prompt?
To turn off UAC:
- Type uac into the Windows Start menu.
- Click “Change User Account Control settings.”
- Move the slider down to “Never Notify.”
- Click OK and then restart the computer.
How do I disable administrator prompt in Windows 10?
Enabling/Disabling Built-in Administrator Account in Windows 10
- Go to Start menu (or press Windows key + X) and select “Computer Management”.
- Then expand to “Local Users and Groups”, then “Users”.
- Select the “Administrator” and then right-click and select “Properties”.
- Uncheck “Account is disabled” to enable it.
How do I disable UAC for a specific application?
Under the Actions tab, select “Start a program” in the Action dropdown if it isn’t already. Click Browse and find your app’s .exe file (usually under Program Files on your C: drive). (Laptops) Under Conditions tab, deselect “Start the task only if the computer is on AC power.”
What is ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin?
Description. ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin. (Defines the User Account Control behaviour for system administrators.) 0. Allows an administrator to perform operations that require elevated privileges without consent (prompts) or authentication (credentials).
How do I run quick assist in administrator mode?
Do the following steps in order to launch regedit at end-user’s desktop.
- Run CMD at end-user’s desktop.
- Type the below command: runas /user:domain.localadministrator regedit.exe. …
- cmd will ask for the admin password, once you put the password, user will get UAC message and user has to click Yes only.