SanDisk Secure Access is not a necessary part of the SanDisk flash drive and it can be easily deleted.
What happens if you delete SanDisk Secure Access?
Deleting SecureAccess software will erase ALL encrypted data saved in SecureAccess Vault. Locate and Double-click on the drive letter associated with the flash drive.
How do I remove SanDisk Secure Access?
Open System Preferences, click on the Accounts icon, then click on the LogIn Items tab. Locate the item in the list for the application you want to remove and click on the “-” button to delete it from the list.
What does SanDisk Secure Access mean?
Available in both Mac and Windows flavors, SanDisk Secure Access software uses 128 bit AES encryption to create a password-protected folder on the flash drive. … With Secure Access, users are assured that important data is secure and accessible even if the pen drive gets stolen or lost.
Can SanDisk Secure Access be hacked?
What’s going to be causing some anxiety amongst IT teams is that SanDisk has issued a security bulletin explaining that versions of its Cruzer Enterprise flash drive contain a vulnerability that could allow unauthorised parties to access encrypted data on your USB stick.
How safe is SanDisk Secure Access?
Access to your private vault is protected by a personal password, and your files are automatically encrypted – so even if you share your SanDisk® USB flash drive or it becomes lost or stolen, access to your files are safe. NOTE: SecureAccess is not required to use your flash drive as a storage device on Mac or PC.
How do I unlock SanDisk Secure Access?
If you lose or forget your password you can use the Forgot password link on the SecureAccess 3.0 log in page. This will display the hint you configured during installation which can be used to assist in remembering your password.
How do you use SanDisk Secure Vault?
Setting up a private vault using SecureAccess 3.0 in Windows
- Double-click on SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe to run the installation.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen.
- Click to select the I accept the license terms checkbox, then click Next.
- Enter a personal password for your private vault. …
- Click OK.
How do I fix a write protected SanDisk?
Type Regedit in Windows search box to go Registry Editor. 3. Double click the WriteProtect, Change the value from 1 to 0 and click OK to save this change. Then exit the Registry Editor and restart your PC, insert your SanDisk USB/SD card/SSD again, you’ll find the SanDisk device is not write-protected anymore.
How do I erase my SanDisk flash drive?
Deleting files in your flash drive or memory card using a PC
- Insert the USB flash drive to the PC’s USB port. …
- Open Windows Explorer. …
- Double-click the Removable disk drive letter associated with your flash drive or memory card. …
- Right-click on the file that you want to delete and select Delete. …
- Click Yes to confirm delete.
How do I transfer files from SanDisk Secure Access?
Open SecureAccess 2.0 highlight the files you would like to copy to the computer, right-click the files and select Save file(s) to.
- Choose a location to save the files and click OK.
- STEP 2 – Delete the SecureAccess Vault and Application Files. …
- STEP 3 – Download and install SecureAccess 3.0.
How do I use SanDisk Secure Access on Mac?
Follow the below steps:
- Download SecureAccess 3.0 for Mac and save the file directly to your Flash Drive.
- Double-click on SanDiskSecureAccessV3_mac_6. …
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Select to install on your flash drive and click on Continue.
- It will inform you how much space it will take on your Flash Drive.