Turn the ignition key to the “Off” position for 10 seconds. 3. Repeat this process 3 times. This should reset the Security light/system and allow you to start your car.
How do I get my Pontiac out of theft mode?
The keyless entry remote and the ignition key are required to reset the anti-theft system.
- Exit the vehicle and stand next to the driver’s side front door. …
- Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry remote until the horn honks once and the lights flash briefly.
How do I reset my Grand Am?
How to Reset the Service Engine Soon Light on a Grand Am
- Turn the ignition switch on without starting the engine.
- Press the “Options” button on the instrument panel until the service light is displayed.
- Press the “Set/Reset” button to open the reset confirmation screen. Turn the ignition switch off.
Why won’t my car start when the security light is on?
The flashing light should go off or illuminate without flashing. When it does, turn the ignition off, wait twenty seconds, and then try to start the engine. … If you get the same result as previously—nothing happens or the engine starts and dies with the security light flashing—wait ten more minutes.
How do I get my car out of anti-theft mode without remote?
Resetting the Alarm
- Close all of your car doors.
- Insert one key in the door lock and cycle it to the “Lock” position, and then back to the “Unlock” position two times. …
- Enter your car and insert your key into the ignition cylinder.
- Cycle the key in the ignition from the “Off” position to the “On” position twice in a row.
How do I reset my anti theft system?
Leave the key in position for about 10 – 15 minutes. Step 3: Check the anti-theft light again. If it’s no longer blinking, turn the key back to the Off position and allow it to set for a minute or two. This gives the system time to reset or you won’t be able to start your car.
How do I unlock my Grand Am without a key?
Lift up on the hanger slowly until you feel the hanger connect to a metal rod inside the Grand Prix’s door frame. Once you feel it connect, then pull the door handle at the same time that you lift up on the metal rod. The door lock will release and your door will open.
What does it mean when the security light comes on?
Hello. On your particular vehicle the security light staying on as the vehicle is running is an indication that the security system has failed and is disabled. It is common for a security light to come on after battery dies because the computer may lose its programming to the key.
How do you reset the change oil light on a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am?
Pontiac Grand Am Change Engine Oil Light Reset:
- Turn ignition switch to ON position with engine off.
- Fully depress and release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds of turning key.
- Change Oil lamp will flash for 2-10 seconds while it resets.
- Once it stops flashing, the maintenance light reset is complete.
How do you reset the oil life on a Pontiac G6?
How to Reset Oil Life: Pontiac G6 2006-2010
- 1-Turn the ignition to RUN (second position)
- 2-Press the INFO button to scroll until the Oil Life displays.
- 3-Press the MENU and ENTER (arrow) buttons at the same time to display OIL LIFE RESET.
- 4-Press and hold the ENTER (arrow) button until the cluster shows AKNOWLEDGED.
How do I reset the change oil light on a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am?
Oil Change Light Reset Pontiac Grand Am 2004 2005
- Turn the ignition to the “RUN” position.
- Immediately press and release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
- A chime will sound and “CHANGE OIL” light will turn off.
How do I know if my PASSLock is activated?
Most PASSLock-equipped vehicles have a telltale indicator in the instrument panel. When a PASSLock-equipped vehicle is being started, the instrument panel warning light for PASSLock remains on until the engine starts.
Is my car in anti-theft mode?
If the security or anti-theft light is flashing when you attempt to start your car, and the engine does not crank or does not start, you have an anti-theft problem.