How do I get rid of McAfee lock?
Please follow the below steps to remove McAfee along with McAfee Vault.
- Go-to to control panel.
- Right click on McAfee Application and select uninstall.
- In the next window select the check box to remove all McAfee files from computer.
- After uninstallation restart the computer.
How do I unlock a locked McAfee file?
Recovering a lost password
- Double-click the McAfee vault you want to unlock.
- Click I forgot my password.
- Type the answers to your three security questions and click Next.
- Enter a new password in the Password and Confirm Password fields and click Next.
What is McAfee vault folder?
McAfee vaults is a feature included in the McAfee subscription (McAfee File Lock). If you have added the feature in the McAfee UI, you will be seeing the McAfee vaults folder created in the system drive. If you want to remove the McAfee vaults from your PC. Try re-installing the application. Regards.
What is McAfee file lock monitor?
McAfee® File Lock allows you to store private files in a secure, personal vault on your computer, a shared network drive or on removable media, such as a USB drive, CD or DVD. Files in the vault are not visible, and cannot be accessed without a password. File Lock is a feature of McAfee Security from Bell – Best.
Is McAfee personal security free?
The free antivirus software trial offers all the features of McAfee Total Protection, such as antivirus, web protection, password manager and identity protection. McAfee’s Virus Protection Pledge that includes our 100% Guarantee: Viruses removed or your money back, available with auto-renewal.
How do I reset my McAfee Vault password?
“Document Settings<username>Local SettingsApplication DataMcAfee File Lock” to find the vault file. Fill in “Access External Vault” dialogbox, browse to the vault file you just moved click “import” button. The lost vault should be restored.
Is McAfee any good?
Yes. McAfee is a good antivirus and worth the investment. It offers an extensive security suite that will keep your computer safe from malware and other online threats. It works really well on Windows, Android, Mac and iOS and the McAfee LiveSafe plan works on an unlimited number of personal devices.
How do I remove McAfee vault folder?
Use the Delete option to remove a vault from your computer.
- Open McAfee Anti-Theft by double-clicking the McAfee. Anti-Theft icon on your desktop.
- Click the vault you want to delete.
- In the toolbar on the right pane, click Delete.
- On theDelete this Vault pane, click Yes I want to. …
- Click Delete.
Can I delete McAfee folder?
Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, also known as the MCPR, from the McAfee website (see References). Double-click Mcpr.exe to run it and follow the onscreen prompts to start the cleanup process. At the “Removal Complete” screen, restart your computer to complete the removal of McAfee products.
Where is my McAfee vault?
Your vault file will be in: C:UsersTEMPAppDataLocalMcAfee File Lock.