How do I fix a SEP client?
To effect a repair on the current SEP client install, replace the I flag with the F flag and insert a space before the assigned GUID. This command will have to be accomplished from the folder where the associated SEP install package . MSI file is located. Typically the Symantec Endpoint Protection folder.
How do I reinstall Symantec?
To reinstall the management server, uninstall the existing management server. Install the server from the installation file. Follow the instructions in each panel. The default settings work for most cases.
How do I force Symantec Endpoint Protection client to update?
Best Answer. 1) Right click on the Group / Client within the Group and Click on “Run Command on Group” and Click on “Update Content”. 3) Opne the SEP client > Click on Help > Troubleshooting > Click on “Update Policy”.
How much does Symantec Endpoint Protection cost?
Its business endpoint protection product is the Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud (which starts at $28 per device per year) and is delivered across four tiers, so businesses of all sizes do have some latitude in selecting which one best suits their device and user count.
How do I disable Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Temporarily disabling the SEP client
- In the top menu bar, to the far right, click the Symantec QuickMenu icon.
- From the drop-down list, select Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- From the drop-down list, select Disable Virus and Spyware Protection, then repeat for Disable Network Threat Protection.
How do I restore Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Back up and restore the database:
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio for the current server.
- Right-click the sem5 database and choose Tasks > Back Up. …
- Copy the backup file to the new SQL server.
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio for the new server.
- Right-click Databases in the server tree and click Restore Database.
How do I reinstall LiveUpdate?
Uninstall and reinstall LiveUpdate
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Click LiveUpdate.
- Click Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall LiveUpdate.
- Delete the following folders (some of these may already be deleted after the uninstall):
How do I uninstall live update?
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Double-click Programs and Features.
- Click LiveUpdate 3. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall LiveUpdate.
- In Windows Explorer, delete the following folders if they are present: …
- Download and run the LiveUpdate installer attached to this document.
How do I export Symantec Endpoint Protection client?
Export the new package
- In SEPM, click the Admin tab on the left.
- Under Client Install Package right click the package of your choice.
- Click Export.
- Click Browse and choose the folder where the EXE file should be placed.
- Click OK. …
- Click OK.
How do I manage Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Review the release notes and system requirements for Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Step 1: Download the Symantec Endpoint Protection installation file. …
- Step 2: Install the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. …
- Step 3: Activate your license and add a group. …
- Step 4: Install the Symantec Endpoint Protection clients.
How do I license Symantec Endpoint Protection?
You need the serial number to activate the installation.
- You must log on to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with a System Administrator account, such as the default account admin.
- Go to the. Admin. > Licenses. page to import and activate your SEP product license.