How do I exclude files and folders from McAfee?
You can exclude a folder from your custom or scheduled scan so McAfee doesn’t check it for threats.
Exclude a folder.
|1||On the HomePage, open the Virus and Spyware Protection drawer.|
|3||Open the Excluded Files and Folders drawer.|
|4||Click Add Folder.|
|5||Choose the file you want to exclude from your scan, then click Open.|
How do I stop McAfee from scanning folders?
Unfortunately, McAfee doesn’t have an option to exclude an entire folder. You will have to exclude the files in the folder individually to exclude the contents of the folder. If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How do I trust a quarantined item in McAfee?
How to Add a Trusted Application in McAfee
- Open the VirusScan Console and click “On-Access Scanner” from the task list.
- Click “Properties” and then “Exclusions” from the side panel.
- Click “Exclude by File Name/Location” and enter the exact location of the file. …
- Adjust the remaining options if necessary.
How do I get McAfee to allow a program?
Allow Program Access Through McAfee Personal Firewall
- Right-click the McAfee logo in the Windows Taskbar down the the time, then select “Change Settings” > “Firewall“.
- Select the “Internet Connections for Programs” option.
- Choose the program you wish to allow access, then select “Edit“.
How do I add programs to McAfee Trusted List 2020?
How to add programs to the Trusted List?
- Under Common Tasks, click Home.
- On the SecurityCenter Home pane, click Computer & Files.
- In the Computer & Files information area, click. Configure.
- On the Computer & Files Configuration pane, ensure. …
- Click Trusted Lists in the Virus Protection pane.
How do I allow a website through McAfee Firewall?
Re: How to unblock a website on McAfee LiveSafe
- Open McAfee.
- Click Web and Email Protection or click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select Firewall, scroll down, and then click Net Guard.
- Select the IP Address listed for the site that you want to access. …
- Click Edit, and then change Block to Allow.
Is McAfee any good?
Yes. McAfee is a good antivirus and worth the investment. It offers an extensive security suite that will keep your computer safe from malware and other online threats. It works really well on Windows, Android, Mac and iOS and the McAfee LiveSafe plan works on an unlimited number of personal devices.
How do I whitelist in McAfee?
Allow by adding to whitelist for specific endpoints
- On the McAfee ePO console, select Menu → Application Control → Policy Discovery to open the Policy Discovery page.
- Click a row to review request details in the Request Details page. …
- Click Allow Locally for a row. …
- Review and customize the listed paths. …
- Click OK.
Why does McAfee keep popping up on my computer?
However, if you are continuously seeing pop-ups like the “Your McAfee subscription has expired” pop-up scam, then your computer might be infected with a malicious program and you need to scan your device for adware and remove it. … Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
How do I disable McAfee Antivirus on Windows 10?
In the upper-left corner of your McAfee window, click the PC Security tab. On the left side of the McAfee window, click the Real-Timing Scanning tab. In the upper-right section of the Real-Time Scanning page, click the Turn Off button to Disable Mcafee Antivirus In Windows 10.