Under Tasks, click Edit Server Properties. In the Server Properties dialog box, click the Directory Servers tab. Check Synchronize with Directory Servers if not already checked. This option is the default setting.
How does Symantec integrate with Active Directory?
Click Directory Servers tab. Click Add.
- To import OUs select the Clients tab.
- Click on the My Company group.
- Under Tasks click Import Organizational Unit or Container.
- Integrate with Organizational Unit Tree window will pop up.
- Select the domain from the drop down.
- Click OK.
How do I add a domain to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
Adding a domain Last Updated May 27, 2021
- To add a domain.
- In the console, click. Admin. .
- On the. Admin. page, click. …
- Under Tasks, click. Add Domain. .
- In the Add Domain dialog box, type a domain name, an optional company name, and optional contact information.
- If you want to add a domain ID, click. Advanced. …
- OK. .
How do I migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager to another server?
For Microsoft SQL server databases
- Gather the recovery file from the existing SEPM. …
- Decommission the existing SEPM. …
- Ensure that the new SEPM has the same host name as the existing SEPM. …
- Install SEPM to the new server, making sure to match the version of SEPM to the existing server.
What is base DN for LDAP?
The base distinguished name, or base DN, identifies the entry in the directory from which searches initiated by LDAP clients occur. … When Certificate Management System is configured for LDAP publishing, the search point and search criteria are determined by the configuration parameter values.
How do I use Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
To log on to the console locally:
- Go to. Start > Programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. .
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. logon dialog box, type the user name ( admin. by default) and the password that you configured during the installation. Optionally check. …
- Log On. .
How do I update Symantec Endpoint Protection client?
CONFIGURING THE AUTOUPGRADE WIZARD
- To download from the. Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. server, click. Download from the management server. …
- To download from a web server that is local to the computers that need to update, click. Download from the following URL (http or https) .
How do I download Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Download Symantec software and tools
- On the Broadcom Support Portal, go to the Broadcom Download Center.
- Log in using your myBroadcom account.
- In the search box, search for your product by name, or browse the list of products.
- Click the product you are looking for.
How do I move the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager SQL database to a new SQL Server?
Back up and restore the database:
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio for the current server.
- Right-click the sem5 database and choose Tasks > Back Up. …
- Copy the backup file to the new SQL server.
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio for the new server.
- Right-click Databases in the server tree and click Restore Database.
To use the SylinkDrop tool to apply the Sylink. xml file
- Copy the SylinkDrop.exe file to the desktop of the client you want to be managed. …
- Double-click SylinkDrop.exe.
- When prompted to select a Sylink.